September 8, 2011

Our creative spaces.

There are a few things I like collecting, anything that's old with a bit of character usually fits the bill. I've been on the hunt for some old bird cages of late, different shapes and sizes as I wanted to put a bit of a display together for my new sewing room. 
After watching Renovators the other night when one of the guys doing the panic room hung 2 bright red bird cages as a display in the corner of his room, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I needed to find another cage and yesterday while in Tamworth I found the metal one in a furniture store. It's not a real one but it will work beautifully with what I want to do.
 First thing I needed to do is choose a colour. I had planned on a red and had all intentions of buying  pot of red paint when I went into the store this morning ......I came out with a pot of half strength Whitsunday Blue.
 I really should have been sewing up a few orders instead of doing this, but I was busting to see what it would look like.
 Totally in love with it! I think that I might change my game plan next time I decide to paint wire, it's not so easy and very slow going. Next time if I can find the colour I want it'll come out of a spray can.
If you want to see some more creative spaces go here.

Don't forget my Red Stitch Designs giveaway

8 comments:

Teek said...

Just gorgeous

Sally said...

Lovely colour.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Love it & in your birthday week you can do what you want, orders can wait!! OH yes, spray can all the way!! Love Posie

Angel.Pearls said...

Oh, it's lovely, nice color! ..I'm a bit interested in how you will 'use' it -for display?!
Eva

Anonymous said...

very pretty indeed!

Sam Findlay said...

I love the blue, it look stunning!

Kelly @ Polkadot Lane said...

This is such a beautiful shade of blue, and although I am such a huge fan of red, I think this colour just works so perfectly with this cage. Good choice!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Hey gorgeous, how are you?? Love Posie